Wednesday, February 15, 2012

What Is The Meaning You Give To Your Life?

I climbed to the top of a mountain and all I got was this bloody photo.


A long time ago, I decided my life would be about Love.  I would do all the things that I love...I would gorge my senses...I would always be learning...Traveling...I would always be loving...I would be in pursuit of everything that I love...Because of this, I am for the most part, happy.  I have failed at times.  I have failed in some of my endeavors in regard to everything that I love...But because I followed my true self, when it comes down to it,  I never actually was unsuccessful.  I have taken chances. Some chances have proved to be a great success and it was difficult to wipe the smiles off my face.  Other chances, I try to learn, forget and move on from.  I have always believed, that every failure is a triumph.  Why?  Because hopefully, I will learn something from the upset.  The next time I am faced with a challenge or a bump in the road, I will be better equipped and ready.  When I look back on my small life so far, I have come to appreciate the bumps and the glitches.  Maybe even more so than those of my successes and joyful moments. 

My love of writing is a cruel love...I have to remind myself to not compare myself to other writers.  Yes, there will always be someone smarter, more creative and better at spelling than myself.  I can only work with what I have and try to improve upon that of which I fall short.  I have to remember why I do what I do. I need to remember, why I write what I write.  Is it for the masses? Perhaps.  It is my hope others enjoy what I write, gain something from it and maybe they are entertained.  When it comes down to the nifty gritty, mainly, I write for me.  I write because it makes me feel joy.  I write because sometimes it’s torture to keep feelings, thoughts and emotions inside.  I write because if I die tomorrow, I want to know at least I tried to live the best possible life I could.

Writing, to me, is like making love.  It brings me great joy and pleasure, I could do it all day and I’m not that bad at doing it on my own.

What is the meaning that you give to your life? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It