Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Smoothie of the Day & Homemade Apple Sauce


So, per the doctor's orders in regards to my mouth, I have to stick to soft foods for the next few weeks.  This would have been a bummer but I know how to get around it.  Here is my smoothie of the day and how to make homemade applesauce.  I am going apple picking with my friends from college in a few weeks and I can't wait!  I haven't seen some of these girls in 90 forevers.  It is always a crazy time...surprisingly enough, it won't prove to be any different with apple picking.  I remember once, when we all went, lets just say we're not allowed back on the farm ever again.  I do plan on gathering as many apples as I can for pies, crisps, sauces...etc.

BaB Tofu Smoothie

Frozen Blueberries
Banana
Apple Juice
Spouts
Baby Spinach
Tofu

Mix together and enjoy!

Homemade Applesauce

12 medium apples (about 5 pounds)
2/3 cup fresh orange juice (from 2 oranges)
1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Peel and quarter apples. Boil apples until tender, about 12 minutes. Drain apples, and return to pot. Mash apples until chunky or smooth, depending on your preference. Stir in orange juice, sugar, and cinnamon. Sweeten with more sugar or season with more cinnamon if desired. Enjoy warm or cold!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It