Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Lunch In Paris



“While still in my bed, my thoughts turn to you, my Immortal Beloved.”  I am listening to Beethoven’s Piano Concerto no. 5 in E-Flat Major, while I drink my latest smoothie creation and I read my new book, Lunch in Paris.  I have only just begun the story of this woman’s love affair with her new man, her new city and her love affair with French cuisine.  Her descriptions have scratched my memories of the past 10 years.  A time machine, bouncing me around through my own love affairs, food I have experienced around the world and of course, Paris.  It allows me to reflect on my current year and how lucky that I have been these past few months.  If you love food and you want to be transported to a new city without leaving your current town, (Or you are unable to leave your city for whatever reason.) then may I suggest picking up this book.  I am only just beginning my affair and already I am in lust.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It