Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The Smoothie + Salem Mass.



This past weekend my cousin/best friend, The White Queen (I haven’t come up with a better name for her yet.) and I drove up to Salem Ma.  Salem has a history of being a sort of mecca for witches and folklore.  We wanted to walk around this cute little town since it was such a beautiful day.  We checked out some of the shops and stoped in to see a psychic.  I was totally surprised at some of what this woman told me.  She was on the money for sure. It was shocking.  If you’re in the area you should stop in yourself.

My cousin also wanted me to try a smoothie at a bistro that she loved.  I wasn’t exactly in the mood for a smoothie, so we shared one.  From my first sip of this smoothie my world changed completely.  It was smooth and thick like ice cream.  And since I'm crazy for ice cream and always have some in my fridge, I was hooked!

Lazy Girl: “Oh my goodness what is in this?!?”

The White Queen: “Tofu...that’s what gives it it's texture.”

Over the years, I have been consuming less and less of tofu since it is so processed.  When I was a vegetarian and vegan, tofu was certainly an important part of my diet.  Now, when I am looking for a vegetarian meal, I stick to clean proteins such as beans.  I may have to make an exception for this smoothie.  I could be adding tofu to every smoothie I make from now on.  It’s delicious!

Berry Tofu Smoothie

Tofu
Blackberries
Raspberries
Cranberry Juice/water (I adjusted the amount of cranberry juice since it contains so much sugar)
Ice

Mix together in blender and enjoy!


Chocolate Peanut Butter Tofu Smoothie - One of my favorite flavors for ice cream is peanut butter cup. So I thought I would try this on for size.   A healthier version when you need an ice cream fix.
Tofu
Peanut Butter
Chocolate Almond Milk
Ice

Blend in blender and enjoy!

If you are ever in Salem Ma stop in for a smoothie and a reading:

Kuscho Bistro - This is where we got our smoothies
128 Washington Street, Salem, MA 01970-3507 (978) 745-6996 ‎

Omen - Ask for Leanne, she is only there on Mondays.
184 Essex Street, Salem, MA
(978) 744-2900

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It