Thursday, August 4, 2011

Email Question: Sun Salutation

AudioYoga


What is an easy exercise I can do in the morning that also involves mediation?

Yoga. The first thing that popped into my mind when I received this question was Sun Salutations.  While I love Pilates and I do feel it does provides some form of mediation.  I have found not as much so as Yoga will provide.  Yoga really is a mind and body experience.  I have friends that go a little batty if they go a few days without this form of stress and muscle release.  The Sun Salutation is a mixture of a few poses.  I suggest starting with just one and working your way up.  When I’m staying healthy and focused, I do three Sun Salutations in the morning.  This exercise will increase flexibility, calm your mind and tone your body. 

After your Sun Salutations, I suggest lying or sitting on the floor and concentrate on your breathing for 5 to 20 minutes...Namaste.

*Sun Salutations are also really helpful while being involved with any body cleanse you may partake in.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It