Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Break Up Rules


The month of May, The Outside Month, is coming to a close.  I hope you were able to get outside everyday and enjoy life to the fullest.  I know I did.  It was a roller-coaster ride of a month and I am looking forward to June, The Month of Love.  Love is a beautiful thing and I can't get enough of it.  My book, Amazing Love Diet, will be available within the next week or so.  Before we start the month of Love, I think it's only right to discuss break ups.  Sometimes life has to fall apart for you to build it back up again.  This certainly rings true with a break up.  One part of your life ends and a new part begins.

The other day a good friend texted me saying, "Sometimes the shit has to hit the fan for you to know the situation stinks."  Life doesn't turn out the way we always want it to.  I like to believe though, if you really look at your life from a fresh perspective, you'll be happy things did not work out the way you may have planned.  At least, this is my hope.

The Lazy Girl Break Up Rules:

-Stop the Talk: No more talking, texting or emailing with your ex unless you couldn't care less about them.

-Work Out: Being active helps the mind to deal with stress and release endorphins. 

-Talk to Friends:  The more you talk about something the less special it becomes.  Statistics show that because women talk about their break ups more than men, women tend to move on faster from a past relationship than men do

-Cleanse: Get rid of their things and anything that reminds you of your ex. Example: All their shirts that are still hanging in the closet.

-Do Whatever Your Ex Didn't Like You Doing: Did your ex yell at you for eating in bed?  Well, guess who isn't there any more?  Your ex!  It's time to do all the little things that used to annoy your ex or whatever they didn't like to do with you.

-Give Yourself Time: Be by yourself before jumping into a new relationship.  Depending on how long the last relationship was, a nice rule of thumb for every week you were together is a day to yourself. Example: If you were together for a year, wait 48 days before jumping back in the ring. Use this time to build yourself back up. 

-Take a Trip:  Doesn't matter where you are headed, just pack a bag and go.

-Take Up a New Hobby: Have you always wanted to learn how to surf, then no time like the present!

-Make a List: What do you want in your next relationship as well as in your next partner? This is my favorite.  I like to write down what I want.  It's important to be realistic.  Example: If you want someone tall, don't write down 6'2", write down tall enough for me to wear heals and to feel like a woman.  If you write down 6'2" you could be missing out on the amazing guy that's 6'.

-Learn and Heal: We can all get ourselves into a dating pattern. Sometimes our pattern is the reason why our relationships are not working out. Figure out what went wrong and what you would do differently.  Work on what you need to work on, so you don't make the same mistake twice.  Example: I'm a passionate person and with great passion sometimes comes a heated fuse.  I am always working on not jumping to conclusions and having more patience.  I make a conscience effort to go with the flow.

Remember, the best revenge is to have the time of you life and to be happy.  It's time to open new doors for yourself.  Enjoy Life!



*I added the above photo because I want this kid to inspire you to find happiness.  It's the little things in life that bring true joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It