Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Red Chicken Curry - More Please!!!


I know More-Yes really likes my cooking. Not only does he compliment me but I see him sneak off for a second and third helping. I just hope this isn’t the only reason he keeps me around. I’m not a recipe follower, I don’t have the focus. I forget ingredients all the time and I will add in something I think would work for the dish. So here is More-Yes’s latest favorite that I’ve made, Red Chicken Curry. We are both fans of Thai food, so this is a crowd please-er for me as well. Although, he had three plate-fulls before I could finish my first, he hoovered! Without rice this dish is under 300 calories and is ready in under 30 minutes from first chop to plate.

Red Chicken Curry

Olive Oil
Thinly sliced chicken breasts cut into pieces
Thai red curry paste
Chopped zucchini
Chopped red bell pepper
Chopped Carrots
Chopped onion
Chopped avocado
1 tablespoon of cornstarch
1 can of coconut milk
Cayenne pepper (Depends how spicy you want the dish. A little goes a long way.)
Fresh cilantro


Start rice, when I don’t have a rice cooker on hand, I use rice in a bag. It’s very easy and doesn’t take that long. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and coconut milk together. In a deep fry pan heat oil add chicken. Stir and cook for a few minutes until chicken is cooked. Add curry paste, zucchini, bell pepper, carrots and onion. Make sure to keep stirring and cook for a few minutes. Add in coconut milk with the cornstarch, cayenne pepper and avocado. Stir and let simmer for a minute or so. Garnish with cilantro.

Serve with Jasmine Rice and a dry Riesling. Riesling is a great wine many people tend to forget about and/or tend to think can only be sweet or fruit forward. A nice dry Riesling pairs well with spicy food. Enjoy!


*Can subsitute Shrimp or Tofu for Chicken and/or add any veggie you like. IE: Baby corn, peas, sugar snap peas, asparagus, eggplant and so forth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It