Thursday, January 20, 2011

Cookie Monster






These cookies are by no means a “healthy” food but you may use this recipe to reward yourself and/or share with those you care about.

Recently, I did just that. I’ve been seeing a darn right amazing man. He has earned the nickname, More-Yes. When first dating someone, you start to learn their strengths and their weaknesses. He has learned I love to say yes to a glass of Champagne and I thought, until recently, that his weakness was for my lasagna. Now, I see him in a whole new light. His true weakness came into play the other day when I opened up his kitchen cabinet to find boxes upon boxes of, dare I say it, cookies. I thought I was going to have to organize an intervention. After our heart to heart on the cookie matter, he confessed that he loves cookies and has to “pace” himself. He seems to have better self control than I. Those cookies wouldn’t last one minute in my kitchen cabinet. Never the less, More-Yes is heading out of town on a trip, so since I am an enabler, I decided to make these cookies for him to take on his adventure.

1 cup butter
12 oz. chocolate chips
2 cups flour
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup sugar
4 oz. Fine Chocolate (grated) 60%-70% Cocao dark chocolate
2 1/2 cups blended oatmeal
2 eggs If the eggs are small use 3
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 cups chopped nuts (your choice) or a cup of nut butter like chunky peanut butter
*If you’re looking to switch things up a bit add in 1/2 a cup of Heath Bar Crumbles.

Measure oatmeal, and blend in a blender to a fine powder. Cream the
butter and both sugars. Add eggs and vanilla, mix together with flour,
oatmeal, salt, baking powder, and soda. Add chocolate chips, Fine Chocolate, and nuts. Roll into balls, and place two inches apart on a cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes at 375 degrees. Makes 40-56 cookies depending on how you roll them.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It