Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Why Does This Keep Happening To Me?

-->


A man walks into a doctor’s office.  The doctor asks the man “What seems to be the problem?”  The man starts to hit his head and answers, “Doctor it hurts when I do this.”  The doctor responded, “Well then stop doing that.”

My Mother told my siblings and myself this joke when we were very young.  My Mother often used humor to teach us lessons.  If I or someone else keeps repeating the same actions over and over again while not gaining the results we are looking for and wonder why does this keeps happening to me?  It’s because I haven’t learned the lesson I needed to or maybe because I need a change of sorts. 

A great example: If I keep dating the same type of guy and wonder why do I always end up hurt? Maybe my lesson is to stop dating that type of guy.  I need to make a change.  Maybe the change is within myself, my surroundings, my way of thinking or how I go about dating all together.

The lessons we learn in life are actually easy once we decide we needed to learn them in the first place AND we accept the challenge of following through on the change they bring about in our lives.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It