Saturday, February 11, 2012

If I Were A Boy




I’m not ashamed to say if I were a guy I would try to be with every girl that would let me.  I get why guys are the way they are...Because they can be.  As a woman, I know that there are limitations on what I can and can not do...As much as I try to break tradition and prove them all wrong, I know I can’t. 


When I was dating Airbump Chest Guy, I knew exactly the type of person he was and I knew exactly what to expect from him.  He was exactly what I wanted; Fun, energetic and I didn’t have to worry about him wanting something of a future with me.  I wanted something simple, easy, a no fuss sort of relationship. 

During the work week, while living in San Diego, I had a friend come to visit me.  I got home from a long day, greeted my friend and began to make dinner for the two of us. Nothing fancy, just mashed sweet potatoes, glazed salmon, sautéed spinach and for dessert, the night before I made chocolate covered strawberries with a caramel drizzle.  She sat at my kitchen counter while I was cooking.

“Do you cook like this for AirBump Chest Guy?”  She asked this as I poured her a glass of wine.

“Yeah, of course.”

“He doesn’t deserve you.  I read in a book that girls shouldn’t make guys dinner, especially a dinner like this!”

I just had to laugh.  “I’m not going to change the way I am.  I love to cook and I love cooking for someone.  I like being a woman and I like doing stereotypical womanly things; like cooking and taking care of a man.”

“Yeah, I get it.  But does he even appreciate it?”

“Of course not, he’s Airbump Chest Guy.”  I laughed at the thought of him.  “He was here the other night.  I got a gorgeous bottle of wine, turned around to make dinner and he drank the whole bottle, leaving me a sip or two.  I yelled at him saying ‘You just sucked that down like it was Manischewitz.  Like it’s not meant to be savored.’  He just laughed.”

“Why are you with him?”  My friend took a sip of her wine.

“Because all of my current needs are met.  I’m not looking for a boyfriend or a husband.  I’m happy with my hot athlete.  When I get home from work, I’m tired and I don’t want to think.  And he lets me cook for him.  He’s not scared off by me.  You know how I can be.  So, this is perfect for me.”  I laughed, thinking back to the few nights before.

The truth is, I will always be a woman.  And thank god for that.  With all of the perks of being a man, I am still glad to be a woman.  As much as being able to pee standing up, wear the same shirt day after day and sleep around sounds appealing, I know as a female I have more power.  And that power beats the trivial things.  Most women know what I am talking about here...Being a woman is pretty amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It