Monday, November 21, 2011

When a Lover Writes For You


I used to say I would marry the man that writes me a song.  I really meant, I would marry the man that writes me a love ballad of some sort.  I will admit, I was always hoping for a song on a happier note.  While going through some of my things, I came across this beautiful verse from an old flame.  We used to exchange poems to each other, it's how we communicated our feelings.  After we broke up he wrote me a song, not sure if it ever hit the charts.  Music can hit memory cords within us.  Remind us how far we've come and how far we have to go.

...She collects lovers like photographs
A captured moment with you,
She displays the frame on her mantel.
She's neither coming nor going
But somehow she's always on your mind.
She gives her heart freely
And leaves you just the same.
You'll want her forever
It's all apart of her game...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It