Saturday, November 12, 2011

Gluten Free/Yeast Free Bread


I find it very hard to make quality, yummy gluten free food.  It's never quite the same as your typical gluten yeasty rich pasta and breads.  I do however prefer to eat gluten free as often as possible.  My body and mind is at it's best when doing so.  Here is the Gluten and Yeast Free Bread that I just made.  It would be vegan but I had to add eggs...sorry.  Still, it turned out well and I paired it with my home-made chicken soup.  Please remember this is not your typical fluffy bread.  I have yet to perfect how to make fluffy gluten/yeast free bread.  This bread is packed with anti-oxidants, all the omegas (3, 6, 9), protein and fiber...Oh My! 

Gluten Free/Yeast Free Bread

1 cup of tapioca flour
1/2 cup of flaxsed meal
1 1/2 cups of brown rice flour
1 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
1 1/2 tablespoon of agave nectar
1 1/2 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
2 cups of vanilla or regular almond milk
3 tablespoons of chia seeds covered with water and gelled
3 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon of salt

Place chia seeds in a bowl, cover them with water and mix.  Pre-Heat oven to 375 degrees. Mix dry ingredients.  Check chia seeds to see if they have gelled.  You may need to add more water. Should become a thick gel.  Add wet ingredients to dry and mix on low.  Once all ingredients combinded, mix on high for three minutes.  Grease bread pan and sprinkle with flour.  Pour contents into bread pan and cover with foil.  Cook for 25 minutes and then uncover and cook for around 30 minutes.  Take loaf out of pan and place on cooling rack for 10-20 minutes.  Enjoy!  ***Because of the Flaxseed this bread will have a nutty consistency and texture.

On a side note: "Amazing Love Diet" is currently ranked #101,796 out of over 750,000 books in the Kindle Store. This may not see like a big deal to you but to this little lady, I peed my pants from excitement!!!!  Thank you to everyone for their support.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It