Sunday, November 13, 2011

Bananas Foster French Toast with Gluten/Yeast Free Bread


So, today the following occurred: First, I had plenty of gluten free bread.  Secondly, I remembered a fantastic breakfast I had while on my recent trip to New York City.  And lastly, I know how to make French Toast and Bananas Foster!  So Sunday morning breakfast I would combine dessert and breakfast...voilà Bananas Foster French Toast!

French Toast
1 Large Egg
1/4 cup vanilla almond milk
1 teaspoon cinnamon (I like cinnamon you will not need this much but I love the stuff!)

Sauce
2 tablespoons of butter
1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
1/2 cup of brown sugar
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon of rum extract
Chopped Pecans
2 bananas chopped



French Toast
Whisk egg, milk and cinnamon in small bowl. Cover and soak the bread in the mixture.  Heat skillet with a pad of butter and cook the bread on each side for three minutes.  Remove from burner.

Sauce
In a medium sized skillet combine butter, cinnamon, sugar and syrup.  Bring to a boil and add in extract and pecans.  After about 30 seconds add bananas.  Add sauce to french toast and enjoy!  You may add whipped cream or ice cream to make this a indulgent dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It