Monday, October 17, 2011

DIY: Salt and Sugar Scrubs

I love when my skin is silky smooth!  I have found that scrubs are the best way to achieve this.  Here is an at home scrub recipe.  It's ridiculous how easy it is to make.  All you will need is some sort of body oil, salt or sugar or both...and of course a container to put the scrub in.  I just use an old container that once contained a scrub I bought from a store.  All in all, it cost me under $25 to purchase the coconut oil and the salt.  I have made three batches and still have plenty to make more!
You should be able to locate almond or coconut oils at your local health food stores. Remember to use extra virgin. Barlean's is also a organic brand. You may ever cook with it if you like.




Make sure to use small grain salt. I used iodized salt.

Salt Scrub - This is my favorite because of the smell and salt cleanses your aura.
1 Tablespoon of Coconut or Almond Oil.
2 Tablespoons of Salt

I use coconut oil because of the smell and the great skin benefits.  Right now my skin is so touchable and I smell like an Almond Joy.  I'm about to gobble myself up I smell so good!  I used to use olive oil since it has many moisturizing benefits, but then my waxer in Boston told me years ago that it may cause in-grown hairs.  For every tablespoon of oil use 2 tablespoons of salt.  If you want to add essential oils to your scrub like Lavender or rosemary this would be the time to do so.  I mix everything together in a mixer and then spoon it into a jar. 

Sugar Scrub - This is the same recipe of oil, just replace salt for brown sugar.  I like the Almond Oil and Brown Sugar combination.

*When scrubbing your body down, I find the best time is before you shower.  Step in the tub and start at the top of you body and work your way down.

2 comments:

Pin It