Saturday, May 7, 2011

Dewey's Hummus


I come from a large, close family. Even my cousins are like my siblings. Everyone in my family is talented in the kitchen. We’ve been blessed with a long line of great cooks. Cooking and eating are social aspects that I grew up with. We would all gather around to prepare, eat and then afterward, we would watch a movie and “do backs”. So here is my little sister Dewey's amazing hummus recipe. I make this to taste, It just depends on your preference.

Dewey's Hummus
1 Large can of chic peas
4 garlic cloves
2 tbls tahini
Olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1 Juiced lemon
2 tsps cumin or two shakes of chili powder and paprika


I mix this in my Magic Bullet or Ninja! Hummus is a wonderful healthy snack or you may make it into a meal. I dip veggies, chips, pita bread, spread it on sandwiches and I'm a huge fan of hummus with falafels. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It