Monday, November 8, 2010

Change The World


As human beings we all have the capability and the resources at our fingertips to change the world. Whether your resources are time or money, you can give back. Pay It Forward!

There are many ways we all can ‘Pay It Forward’. I personally love volunteering with children and animals. Children and animals inspire me and remind me to not take life so seriously, which I tend to do. If you live in the San Diego Area, a great organization to join is Volunteer San Diego, www.volunteersandiego.org. I am apart of the flex program, which allows people to pick their opportunities at their leisure. If you live elsewhere try finding opportunities using this website, http://www.volunteermatch.org/.

Another way to give back is through your wallet, whoop whoop! If you don’t have the time to spare, then maybe you have a few dollars to help someone in need. I am going to shamelessly promote some of my friend’s that are giving back and need your help in doing so. Here are a few ways to help them.

- I have a friend whose platoon over in Iraq is raising money for children with cancer, Mustache vs. Cancer. Donate and keep up with the mustache growing progress here: http://www.mustachesvscancer.org/index.php?task=profile&id=659

- A few fun guys are riding their bikes across the country to raise money for Haiti. Read more on their story and donate here: www.ack4all.com

-I have another friend giving her time to helping those in need in Rwanda. Learn more and donate here: http://underafricanskies.chipin.com/help-caitlin-give-back


Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It