Monday, May 10, 2010

May is for Meditation


Spring is all about new beginnings. It’s a time of year when the earth has had it’s rest and healed and it’s time for growth. If with in our own body and mind we follow the seasons, we will find our bodies more in tune with nature and have a balance serene body. May is a great time to pick up the habit of meditations. Meditating is a wonderful, peaceful and easy was to complete a healthy lifestyle. There is no right or wrong way to meditate. One can just sit or lay, keep eyes opened or closed, chant or be silent. You may also use meditations to manifest things with in your life; Peace, Love, Abundance, Health. These are just a few examples and I will address these in a later post.

I will start off nice and easy with you. If you are just starting with meditations, I suggest you sit down on the floor in a comfortable position with legs crossed, maybe on a pillow, close your eyes and think of nothing. While meditating the focus in on your breathing and that is all. Take an inhale through your nose and exhale out through your mouth. While breathing in, with in your silent mind say, “I am breathing in through my nose.” While breathing out say, “I am breathing out through my mouth.” This will help keep the focus on your breath connecting with your body and mind. If you’re mind wanders, let it. Bring yourself back from the thought by saying, “I am breathing in through my nose and breathing out through my mouth.”

I find it best to meditate in the morning. Your mind is still and it’s a healthy, healing way to start your day. You should meditate for at least 10 minutes everyday at a time that works best for you. I also find doing this technique at the office or whenever you are feeling stressed or overwhelmed just take a moment and concentrate on your breathing.

So remember: Just Breathe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It